Begin Your Journey
This website is a resource and the Happy Hormone Cottage itself is an inviting center for women to get information and education on natural hormone balance. We offer the step-by-step process for women to get tested, get treated and get better. Consultations are available by appointment only. Women who live in our area can schedule a personal consultation at any of our consultation offices or schedule a phone consultation, if preferred. For women who live farther away, phone consultations are available by appointment – please note: these phone consultations are step one consultations only – clients must see our nurse practitioner in person.
For a consultation-in person or by phone- for one of our Happy Hormone Cottage locations, please call 513-444-6343.
For a consultation-in person or by phone- for Mason, please call 513-444-6343.
For a consultation-in person or by phone- for Vandalia, please call 513-444-6343.
Happy Hormone Cottage’s Step-by-Step Plan
for Natural Hormone Balance
- Understand the importance of hormone balance. Contact a consultant at one of our locations to gather information about customized hormone therapy. If you live in the Cincinnati-Dayton-Northern Kentucky area, attend one of our events, such as a Happy Hormone Hour, to talk with other women and meet with our consultants.
- Schedule a consultation by calling our office at 513-444-6343. Consultations are offered at our Centerville, Mason and Vandalia locations. If you do not live locally you can schedule a phone consultation.
- Purchase a Precision Analytical DUTCH hormone test kit at one of our locations or in our online store after completing your consultation. The lab fee is included with purchase of our testing kit. Insurance reimbursement has been high because urine testing is an accepted means of checking hormone levels. If you want to check with your insurance company regarding reimbursement for hormone testing, click here for Precision Analytical (urine testing). Note: this form is in pdf format, you need Adobe Reader to open it. If you are on a mobile device, download the Adobe Reader App to view.
- Follow the instructions in the test kit (urine test video) and send to the lab in the envelope provided. Please put 7 stamps on the envelope and mail dried test strips and requisition form to the lab.
- The lab will send your results to us. Call our office when you complete your test kit and we will schedule an appointment for you to see one of our practitioners 3-4 weeks after you mail your kit to the lab.
- Meet with one of our practitioners. She will go over your tests results, discuss options with you, answer your questions and write a recommendation for your individualized compounded therapy. All out-of-state clients must now see our nurse practitioner in person initially and then once annually. If you would like to submit your test kit expense for reimbursement by your insurance provider, an invoice and test kit receipt will be provided for you at the time of your practitioner appointment. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Starting March 1, 2016, “No Show” Nurse Practitioner appointments will be charged their $100 appointment fee. Our time is valuable, our services are specialized, we only see one client every 30 minutes, and we have clients waiting to get in for an appointment. Make sure you show up for your appointment or you will be charged for our time. Also we DO have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Give us 24 hour notice before canceling, so you will not be charged for your appointment time. Thank you for your understanding.
- Our IHC and Pharmacy* will compound your natural hormones. Compounded hormones are billable to some insurance companies* under 2 tier (brand) co-pay or 3 tier (non-formulary) co-pay. If not accepted by insurance, each prescription cash prices average $30—$45 depending on the amount of supplementation needed. Many times the cash price is less than the co-pay price. If you receive letters or forms from your insurance company regarding your compounded prescription, please contact us for assistance.
* some insurance exclusion does apply
- The IHC and Pharmacy* will contact you when your prescription is ready to arrange pickup or delivery to your home. We will provide a second free consultation to discuss test results, review medication use/application, follow-up policy and procedures, reorder guidelines, and answer questions. For your convenience, we offer online prescription refill ordering.
- Use your natural hormones as directed, keep a journal of your symptoms, and stay in touch with our patient consultants. Questions or concerns can be directed to email@example.com.
- Take advantage of all that our website offers. Check out our innovative Thyroid Health section, Lyn’s blogs and newsletters, our testimonial section from our satisfied clients, and our online store, where you can also order Lyn’s new book, “Own Your Journey.”
- Congratulations! This is your first step to WELLNESS as you are on the road to your best health naturally. What you place your attention on determines the quality of your life. We will be with you to support you on your journey. Our passion is our relationship with you as you are on your journey to optimal hormone balance.
*Why is the IHC and Pharmacy THE place to get your hormone prescriptions compounded?
The Happy Hormone Cottage works exclusively with The IHC and Pharmacy. We are known for the support we provide for the men and women who trust us with their most important possession- their health. Not only do we provide consultation services-both in person and on the phone-but we also encourage continued contact after you begin to use your natural compounded hormones. We encourage you to keep a diary of how you are feeling, and to email us once or twice a month to let us know how you are doing AND to call or email us with questions.
To benefit from all our services and special offers, you will need to have your hormone prescriptions filled at the IHC and Pharmacy. After your initial consultation, have your practitioner FAX your prescription to 937-773-0643. We will ship your therapy TO YOU! You do not have to drive to Centerville to pick up your therapy!