This website is a resource and the Happy Hormone Cottage itself is an inviting center for women to get information and education on natural hormone balance. We offer the step-by-step process for women to get tested, get treated and get better. Consultations are available by appointment only. With the growth of telemedicine, women from all over can schedule a consultation either in person or over zoom.
Happy Hormone Cottage’s Step-by-Step Plan for Natural Hormone Balance
- Understand the importance of hormone balance. Contact a consultant at one of our locations or online to gather information about customized hormone therapy.
- Schedule a step one consultation by calling our office at 513-444-6343 or 513-449-2192. You can choose either an individual consultation with one of our patient consultants ($25) or you can sign up for one of our free small group zoom sessions, “Hormones 101 with Lyn.”
- Purchase a Precision Analytical DUTCH hormone test kit at one of our locations or in our online store after completing your consultation. The lab fee is included with the purchase of our testing kit. Insurance reimbursement has been high because urine testing is an accepted means of checking hormone levels. If you want to check with your insurance company regarding reimbursement for hormone testing, click here for Precision Analytical (urine testing). Note: this form is in pdf format, you need Adobe Reader to open it. If you are on a mobile device, download the Adobe Reader App to view.
- Follow the instructions in the test kit (urine test video) and send your dried test strips and requisition form to the lab in the envelope provided with the prepaid UPS label. You will need to mail this from a UPS facility or a UPS dropbox.
- The lab will send your results to us. Call our office when you complete your test kit and we will schedule an appointment for you to see one of our practitioners 4 weeks after you mail your kit to the lab.
- Meet with one of our nurse practitioners either in person or over zoom. She will go over your test results, discuss options with you, answer your questions, and write a recommendation for your individualized compounded therapy that is created onsite at our state-of-the-art Compounding Lab. If you would like to submit your test kit expense for reimbursement by your insurance provider, an invoice and test kit receipt will be provided for you.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: “No Show” Nurse Practitioner appointments will be charged a $100 appointment fee. Our time is valuable, our services are specialized, we see only one client every 30 minutes or every hour, and we have clients waiting to get in for an appointment. Make sure you show up for your appointment (in person or on zoom) or you will be charged for our time.
We DO have a 24-hour cancellation policy. Give us 24-hour notice before canceling, so you will not be charged for your appointment time. Thank you for your understanding.
- Our IHC and Pharmacy* will compound your natural hormones. Compounded hormones are billable to some insurance companies* under 2 tier (brand) co-pay or 3 tier (non-formulary) co-pay. If not accepted by insurance, each prescription cash prices average $30—$45 depending on the amount of supplementation needed. Many times the cash price is less than the co-pay price. If you receive letters or forms from your insurance company regarding your compounded prescription, please contact us for assistance.
* some insurance exclusion does apply
- The IHC and Pharmacy* will contact you when your prescription is ready to arrange pickup or delivery to your home. For your convenience, we offer online prescription refill ordering.
- Use your natural hormones as directed, keep a journal of your symptoms, and stay in touch with our patient consultants. Questions or concerns can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or preferably through your Power2Patient portal.
- Take advantage of all that our website offers. Check out our innovative Thyroid Health section, Lyn’s blogs and newsletters, our testimonial section for our satisfied clients, and our online store.
- Congratulations! This is your first step to WELLNESS as you are on the road to your best health naturally. What you place your attention on determines the quality of your life. We will be with you to support you on your journey. Our passion is our relationship with you as you are on your journey to optimal hormone balance. You matter to us!
*Why is the IHC and Pharmacy THE place to get your hormone prescriptions compounded?
The Happy Hormone Cottage works exclusively with the IHC and Pharmacy. We are known for the support we provide for the men and women who trust us their most important possession-their health. Not only do we provide consultation services- both in person, phone, and over zoom, but we also encourage continued contact after you begin to use your natural compounded hormones. We encourage you to keep a diary of how you are feeling, and then connect with us with any questions you may have. Using your Power2Patient portal is the easiest way to stay connected.
To benefit from all our services and special offers, you will need to have your hormone prescriptions filled at the IHC and Pharmacy.